Handbook of Agriculture Published by ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) contains Agriculture and Environment and scientific advancements in Indian agriculture, ongoing National Research Initiatives, and some concepts for the future of Agriculture.
Handbook of Agriculture by ICAR
One of the ICAR’s most reading agri. publication, The Handbook of Agriculture, has a large book circulation. The current edition discusses scientific advancements in Indian agriculture, ongoing national research initiatives, and some concepts for the future of agriculture.
Many new topics, including the Environment, Agrobiodiversity, Resource Conservation Technologies, IPM, Pesticide Residues, Seed Production Technologies, Energy in Agriculture, Informatics, Biotechnology, Intellectual Property Rights, Agricultural Marketing and Trading, and Indigenous Technical Knowledge have been included in the presentation, while information in some chapters, such as Soil and water, Land Utilization, Field and Forage Crops, has been updated with the most recent developments. The current edition would be a helpful book for individuals who have an informed interest in agriculture and their number is growing quickly.
A vast audience of Scientists, Policy Makers, Researchers, Extension Workers, Students, Progressive Farmers, and other stakeholders will find a wealth of useful agricultural information in this book – The Handbook of Agriculture. This updated edition of the manual includes research data on the current scientifically driven agricultural advancements in India, ongoing national research initiatives, and theories on the needs of agriculture in the future.
Book Detail: Handbook of Agriculture
Author: ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research)
Publication Year: 2011
Country of Origin : India
Handbook of Agriculture Book
Table of Content: What’s in the Handbook is-
- Evolution of Indian National Agricultural Research System
- Pesticide Residues
- Weather and Agriculture
- Agriculture and Environment
- Farm Machinery
- Hill Agriculture
- Farm Power and Energy in Agriculture
- Post-harvest Technology and Storage
- Desertification and its Control
- Marketing and Trading
- Farm Management
- Water Resources
- Agricultural Extension
- Land Utilization
- Agricultural Legislations
- Soil and Water Conservation
- Field Crops: Rice, Wheat, Barley, Maize, Oats, Millets, Pulses
- Conservation Technologies for Sustaining Natural Resources
- Water Management and Crop Production
- Oilseed Crops
- Watershed Management
- Commercial Crops: Sugarcane and Sugarbeet, Cotton, Jute and Allied Fibres
- Irrigation and Drainage Management
- Use of Low-quality Waters in Crop Production
- Seed Production and Technology
- Soil Fertility, Fertilizers and Integrated Nutrients Use
- Cropping Patterns
- Forage Crops and Grasses
- Weed Management
- Indigenous Technical Knowledge in Agriculture
- Diseases of Crops
- Sericulture in India
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Biological Control of Crop Pests
- Crop Biotechnology
- Insect Pests and their Management
- Informatics in Agriculture
Handbook of Agriculture Pdf
Handbook of Agriculture Pdf is not available Online as a course book by The Indian Council of Agricultural Research, It is available online on Amazon with Hardcover.
My Thoughts about this Agriculture Book.
- Everything in this book is Good and Fine as Information prospective.
- Even I have not reached the level to Judge or rate this Book.
- A lot of information hold it on with her pages as Facts and Figures to make it positive responses to the competitive and semester courses also.
- If you are searching a book to answer long or subjective questions with agricultural analysis data and yearly comparison no various data regarding subjective topic(s) this is best to buy and if you want objective type of agriculture question(s) then this will help you a few (Read – Objective Agriculture by Nem raj Sunda (BUY NOW)) because you need to short out yourself, the Self Notes.
- Helpful for advance study i.e., higher level or for agricultural competitive exams.
- Too Heavy in weight as it have 1600+ pages.
- This book covers all aspects of Indian agriculture except horticulture.