Water is precious. Water is essential for the human survival & productivity of all life forms and ecosystems on Earth. As the global water crisis increases year by year, need to raise awareness to save water on your own level like home, garden, school etc. so on every year (विश्व जल दिवस) World Water Day is celebrated on 22 March since 1993, focuses on the importance of freshwater, to raise awareness about precious presence on Earth in Groundwater as hidden treasure that enriches our lives with a theme.
World Water Day 2022
World Water Day Theme 2022 – ”Groundwater, Making the Invisible Visible”. IGRAC – International Groundwater Resources Assessment Centre proposed and UN-Water decided the theme for World Water Day 2022 “Groundwater: making the invisible visible” at its meeting in Rome the headquarters of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) Italy. World Water Day, raise awareness among billions of people living in societies about scarcity of water, how to save water and save water save life theme campaigns.
Previous year theme was ”Valuing Water” in World Water Day 2021.
Jal Shakti Abhiyan in India
In India PM Modi to launch ‘Jal Shakti Abhiyan’.
- On the occasion of international water day 22 March 2021, our Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the ‘Jal Shakti Abhiyan’( जल शक्ति अभियान ).
- Agreement – River Interlinking Project to be signed Firstly.
- Project Daudhan Dam – Construction of water dam – Daudhan Dam, from former to the latter portion, a canal to interlink the Betwa and Ken river for the transfer of water. This project held between inter-state cooperation, the governments of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
- It is one of the first river-linking project – Jal Shakti Abhiyan of Ken-Betwa rivers.
- Vision – Prime Minister’s office released the statement that this agreement reflects the vision of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee‘s vision i.e. water management, to carry water from areas with a surplus to drought-prone and water-scarce areas through interlinking rivers.
- Benefits – As per the statement, the interlinking of rivers project will avoid water scarcity and will provide annual water irrigation of 10.62 lakh hectare, drinking water consumption supply to 62 lakh people approx. and will also help in generating 103 MW of hydropower.
- Beneficiary states – Water shortage or water-deficit regions of Madhya Pradesh: (Bundelkhand, districts of Panna, Tikamgarh, Datia, Vidisha, Shivpuri Chhatarpur, Sagar, Damoh & Raisen) and Uttar Pradesh: (Banda, Mahoba, Jhansi and Lalitpur).
Jal Shakti Campaign:
On the occasion of World Save Water Day the ‘Jal Shakti‘ campaign that will be launched as a Jan Andolan to save water across the country in rural and urban landscapes on Monday, 22 march 2021 water day will be implemented till November 30, 2021.
Jal Shakti Abhiyan Theme
Theme, “Catch the rain, Where it falls, When it falls”.
Aim of the Campaign
Ways to save water:
- rainwater collection
- spreading awareness among people
- implementation of the rainwater harvesting system
- ways to save water
- ways to conserve water (rainwater tank, underground water tank)
- water conservation at grassroots level i.e., people’s participation to harvest rainwater from underground water tank
- creating effluent treatment plant on subsoil strata for proper storage of rainwater suitable to the climatic conditions
Read More: DATES AND DAYS RELATED TO AGRICULTURE
At grassroots level Gram Panchayats have Gram Sabhas held from time to time in every district so during the meet, Gram Sabhas will also be taking ‘Jal Shapath’ or pledge to save water and discuss issues pertaining to water conservation, use of water, creating structure of rainwater harvesting system.
World Water Day 2022 : Date, Theme, Quotes, Significance of the Day
|Name of Day||World Water Day / #WorldWaterDay|
|World Water Day Meaning in Hindi||विश्व जल दिवस|
|Came in Existence and celebrated||on March 22, Annually|
|First celebrated World Water Day by UN||World Water Day, held on 22 March every year since 1993.|
|Significance||Water: To raise awareness about the importance of fresh water and precious as hidden treasure that enriches our lives|
|Observed by||People and organizations worldwide, including all UN member states|
|Theme ||In 2022 "Groundwater, Making the Invisible Visible"|
Theme 2021: "Valuing Water"
Theme 2020: "Water and Climate Change"
|Important Links||World Water Day, Official website|
World Water Day page on UN.org
World Water Day Official Facebook page
Official Twitter Handel of World Water Day
|(#WorldWaterDay) Theme 2022 - |
''Groundwater, Making the Invisible Visible''
based official activities preposed in 2022:
|9th World Water Forum: “Water security for peace and development” preposed in 21-26 March |
International conference: “Groundwater, Key for Sustainable Development Goals”
preposed in 18-20 May
Water Decade, High Level Water Conference, Dushanbe - June
Side event High-level Political Forum (HLPF): “Climate impacts from cryosphere to groundwater”
World Water Week
preposed in - 29 August-2 September
77th United Nations General Assembly: Debate of the Legal Committee on “The Law of Transboundary Aquifers”.
preposed in - 13 September
World Toilet Day 2022
preposed in - 19 November
UN-Water Groundwater Summit
preposed in - 7-8 December
The United Nations quoted scarcity of water in his research, that:
- Today, 1 in 3 people live without safe drinking water by UN.
- By 2050, up to 5.7 billion people could be living in areas where water is scarce for at least one month a year.
- Climate-resilient water supply and sanitation could save the lives of more than 360,000 infants every year.
- If we limit global warming to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels, we could cut climate-induced water stress by up to 50%.
- Extreme weather has caused more than 90% of major disasters over the last decade.
- By 2040, global energy demand is projected to increase by over 25% and water demand is expected to increase by more than 50%.
World Water Day 2022: Slogan
“A slogan on Water is a slogan on life.
“Water is life. Don’t waste it.”
“Don’t flush our planet’s most valuable resource.”
“Don’t let the water run in the sink, our life’s on the brink.”
“No matter, how much rich you are, you can’t live without water.”
“Save water, and it will save you.”
“Water is the Best Natural Remedy. Drink Your Way to Better Health.”
“Nothing will be left here without water.”
“Make Water Your Primary Drink instead of Soda, Juice. Choose Pure Water Throughout Your Day.”
“Don’t let the water run when you brush your teeth.”
World Water Day Theme ( #WorldWaterDay )
Themes - World Water Day Celebrated on 22 March
|Year||World Water Day Theme|
|World Water Day Theme 2022||Groundwater, Making the Invisible Visible|
|World Water Day Theme 2021||Valuing Water|
|World Water Day Theme 2020||Water and Climate Change|
|World Water Day Theme 2019||Leaving No One Behind|
|World Water Day Theme 2018||Nature for Water|
|World Water Day Theme 2017||Why Waste Water?|
|World Water Day Theme 20216||Better Water, Better Jobs|
|World Water Day Theme 2015||Water and Sustainable Development|
|World Water Day Theme 2014||Water and Energy|
|World Water Day Theme 2013||International Year of Cooperation|
|World Water Day Theme 2012||Water and Food Security|
|World Water Day Theme 2011||Water for cities: Responding to the urban challenge|
|World Water Day Theme 2010||Clean Water for a Healthy World|
World Water Day Quotes: Inspirational Quotes and Wise Thoughts
“No Water. No Life. No Blue. No Green.” – Sylvia Earle
“Water is life’s matter and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water.” – Albert Szent
“We never know the worth of water till the well is dry.” – Thomas Fuller
“Every human should have the idea of taking care of the environment, of nature, of water. So using too much or wasting water should have some kind of feeling or sense of concern. Some sort of responsibility and with that, a sense of discipline.” – Dalai Lama
“Thousands have lived without love, not one without water,” – W. H. Auden
“When the well is dry, we learn the worth of water.” – Benjamin Franklin
“Water is the one substance from which the earth can conceal nothing, it sucks out its innermost secrets and brings them to our very lips” – Jean Giraudoux
“Pure Water is the World’s First and Foremost Medicine.” – Slovakian Proverb
FAQ (Frequently Asked Question on World Water Day)
When is World Water Day celebrated?
Every year World Water Day (विश्व जल दिवस), celebrated on 22 March since 1993, focuses on the importance of freshwater, to raise awareness about Scarcity of water or Water crisis.
What is the theme of World Water Day 2022?
Theme 2022 – ”Groundwater, Making the Invisible Visible”. IGRAC – International Groundwater Resources Assessment Centre proposed and UN-Water decided the theme for World Water Day 2022 “Groundwater: making the invisible visible” at its meeting in Rome the headquarters of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), Italy.
What is World Water Day?
World Water Day (विश्व जल दिवस) is held annually on 22 March since 1993, focuses on the importance of freshwater, to raise awareness about precious presence on Earth in Groundwater as hidden treasure that enriches our lives.
What is the theme of World Water Day 2021?
World Water Day Theme 2021 – ”Valuing Water”
What is the theme of World Water Day 2020?
World Water Day Theme 2020 – ”Water and Climate Change”